This Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce is delicious to serve with soft pretzels, French fries, or even your favorite chicken fingers! It's extremely versatile, has a sweet kick, and comes together with just four easy ingredients.
Why you'll love this recipe
- This Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce is perfect for soft pretzels, chicken tenders or French fries.
- It's easy to modify this recipe to use your favorite mustard, honey, or even add a spicy kick.
- This easy recipe comes together with only four ingredients in about 5 minutes!
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce keeps in the fridge for about 5 days so is great to make in advance and pull out when you're ready to serve!
You only need four ingredients to make this delicious dipping sauce! Since there are only a few ingredients, using good quality items will make a big difference!
- Mayonnaise: I like to use Hellman's Light Mayonnaise here, but you could use any kind of mayonnaise.
- Dijon mustard: A plain Dijon mustard is perfect; I like to use Maille Dijon Originale. A grainy. A country Dijon mustard will also work, but will have a different texture.
- Honey: You can use any type of honey here, just keep in mind that you'll really taste the flavor, so make sure it's one you like! I like to use honey from Savannah Bee Company.
- Soy sauce: You can use any kind of soy sauce as well, but I recommend using a low-sodium soy sauce, such as Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce. A little bit goes a long way with this recipe!
See full recipe below for detailed directions.
Substitutions & Variations
This is a very adaptable recipe and below are a few easy substitutions and variations you can try.
- Use a grainy Dijon mustard - This recipe is made with a smooth Dijon mustard, but it will also work with a Country Dijon mustard for a bit more texture.
- Adjust the soy sauce - A little soy sauce goes a long way here, but you can either increase or decrease the amount of soy sauce to suit your taste!
- Add some spice - Interested in a spicy kick to your honey mustard dipping sauce? Try using spicy honey!
I have not tested this recipe with other variations, but if you do, let us know how it turns out in the comments! I always love to hear how you're adapting these recipes and use those as ideas for future recipes as well!
How to make Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
In two easy steps, you'll be on your way to dipping and snacking!
Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and soy sauce in a small bowl.
Whisk until smooth and combined. You're ready to serve!
Expert Cooking Tips
- Use high-quality ingredients. Since there are so few items in this recipe, using good-quality ingredients will make a difference!
- Make sure to whisk until smooth: this should be a completely smooth dipping sauce.
- Taste and adjust as needed. Once the ingredients are mixed together, taste and adjust to suit your taste
Refrigerator Storage: Store the dipping sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The sauce should not be stored at room temperature.
This is also a great dipping sauce to make in advance and keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve!
Try using a spicy honey to give this dipping sauce a spicy kick!
Store Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk until smooth and combined. Refrigerate or serve immediately with your favorite soft pretzels, French Fries, chicken tenders, and more.