Sometimes you just need a rock-solid whole carrots recipe, and this is just it. Whether you're hosting a dinner (Easter or Thanksgiving), or simply making a nice meal at home, these Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots are both delicious and beautiful.
As always, I do include a few affiliate links in this post for products I truly use and love. This just means that if you make a purchase after clicking one of those links, I'll earn a little money (at no cost to you) to keep the kitchen up and running, which I promise to use to create more fun content like this! One of those affiliates is with Amazon, which requires a very clear disclosure: as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you have any questions about affiliates, please reach out!
Ingredients you'll need
- Carrots: I like to use the whole carrots with the stem. Give them a good wash and trim the stem (I like to keep about 1 inch of stem, just for the look). I like to peel the carrots as well, but this is optional.
- Olive oil: as always, when roasting!
- Honey: to add that sweetness
- Garlic cloves: you'll want to mince these. I do not recommend substituting garlic powder for this.
- Parsley: for topping and garnish
- A few pantry spices including paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
Cutting your carrots
This is likely the most important step in this recipe. If the carrots are thicker than the width of your thumb (approximately), cut them in half. If you leave them whole, they look great, but they take much, much longer to cook.
Carefully slice the carrots in half, lengthwise, including the greens at the top. Then toss with the olive oil, honey and spices, and spread on the prepared baking sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to cut my carrots?
If your carrots are bigger than the width of your thumb (approximately), then yes. If you don't, they will take a significantly longer time to cook.
Can I use pre-cut carrots for this recipe?
Sure! You can use any kind of carrots for this recipe.
How should I store leftovers?
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can either reheat in the microwave, or in a skillet on the stovetop for a few minutes.
Below is my recipe for Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots. Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
- 2 lbs. carrots with stems peeled, with greens trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- parsley chopped, for garnish
- flaky sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil (trust me, this makes cleanup way easier).
- Peel your carrots, and trim the greens to about 1 inch (if you're keeping them). For any carrots thicker than your thumb, cut them in half lengthwise. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, honey, garlic cloves, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Spread the carrots in one layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping the carrots halfway so they roast on both sides. Carrots are ready when they are fork-tender. Serve immediately topped with fresh parsley, and additional salt and pepper.